Our home airport is a fairly large and busy airport. Security is taken appropriately seriously. All members must have a current TSA identification badge before entering the airport ramp areas unescorted. You are responsible for the safe care and security of your badge and any associated codes. Should you leave the club for any reason, you must return this badge.
- New Members must contact the Records Officer in order to be pre-authorized for an initial badge. Once pre-authorized, new members may follow the badging procedures below.
- Existing Members must renew their TSA ID cards on or just prior to the card’s expiration date, and not more than 30 after expiration. Please contact the Records Officer prior to renewing your TSA ID so that your renewal can be pre-authorized. The TSA office will not renew any badges that have not been pre-authorized by the Club’s Records Officer.
Procedures for Obtaining or Renewing your TSA Badge:
WFC member will need to go to the Airport Operations facility in the Main Terminal, 2nd Floor to renew his/her ID card. All members must bring two forms of photo identification.
- New members should bring a driver’s license and a passport.
- For renewals, an existing TSA badge counts as one form of photo identification. In general, a passport is the best additional form of identification.
- WFC members who are not US citizens should call the TSA office ahead to confirm what they will need to bring.
Renewals will be issued on the spot, whereas new members will need to return following a roughly two-week period of background checks. The Records Officer will inform new members when their badges have been issued. All pilots then need to provide Landmark West with their badge ID numbers and a preferred four-digit gate-code. Landmark generally can program the gate codes within an hour or two.
The TSA’s office hours are typically Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm. Sarah Cespedes can be reached at 914-995-4009 if you wish to call ahead to verify her hours or attempt to make a weekend appointment. If you park your car in the main terminal parking garage, please bring your parking ticket with you to the TSA office so they can validate the ticket. Otherwise you will be charged the parking fee.